When I was in high school this new type of game was released and took the world by storm. Magic: The Gathering was a huge hit and my friends and I spent our meager cash on decks and boosters for the game. I found that I wasn’t a really good Magic player then. I’m better now but back then I couldn’t beat anyone at the game. All I did was spend money and lose, spend money and lose. Frustrating.
Around that time a friend of mine lent me two magazines of his from the 80’s called White Dwarf. What a fascinating world, I thought. My other thought was that the fun I’d have building my armies would give me greater value for my money than Magic.
Ever since then I’ve been a miniature gamer. I love RPGs, boardgames, Magic and even video games, but first and foremost I love to paint miniatures and I think I’d like gaming with them, if I ever finished painting an army.
Wargaming Related Blog Posts
- Weekly WIP: Guild Ball Masons Honour and Mallet February 2017
- Weekly WIP: Bolt Action Anti-Tank Gun February 2017
- Heavy Gear Kickstarter: Painting Cobras February 2017
- Weekly WIP: Tapper for Guild Ball February 2017
- Weekly WIP: Guild Ball Hooper January 2017
- Planning the Guild Ball Kick Off! Project January 2017
- Weekly WIP: Spigot January 2017
- Weekly WIP: Stave, Scum and Spigot January 2017
- Heavy Gear Kickstarter: Painting Southern Iguanas January 2017
- Weekly WIP: Stave of the Guild Ball Brewers January 2017