SAGA - Crescent and Cross

SAGA - Crescent and Cross

Postby Mike_a » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:41 am

Played a few games of SAGA with Duncan to test out the new SAGA book, which is all about the Crusades. I really like the new book they have allot of interesting stuff in there, and the rules are laid out allot more clearly. We tried a couple of the new scenarios; Twilight which has both people deploying their troops all over the board and trying to capture table quarters (dead troops come back on your turn), and I think the second one was called God wills it where you just set up and fight for slaughtering victory points more or less as normal.

I used my Normans to try out the new Crusaders battle board. They are pretty interesting, you have to try and roll some dice to unlock all of the abilities. So you get some powerful ones but you are not that able to use them right off the bat.

Heres a few pictures form the first game anyway.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

Re: SAGA - Crescent and Cross

Postby stanislov72 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Hey Mike,

I assume this is 28mm? Any close-ups of the action?

Cheers,
Stan
stanislov72

Postby Mike_a » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Ya 28mm is right, I don't have any other good photos unfortunately, my phone started to get a bit messed up for some reason.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

Postby Duncan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:42 am

I should have taken some pictures as well but didn't think to (and to be honest, I don't really feel that my Welsh (who were standing in for Franks and then Moors in the 2 games we played) really look that good in close ups!

The new Saga rulebook is much clearer and the new factions look like a lot of fun.
Duncan

Return to Historical