DBMM Day July 7

DBMM Day July 7

Postby Mike_a » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 am

Though I would toss up a few pictures from the DBMM day yesterday. We had 3 games going.

Samurai vs Byzantines:

Somehow it managed to work out that I got all my ideal match ups so I managed to win this game. We had a bit of a struggle with the full set ups rules, which are a bit confusing, but managed to get through it with Duncan's help. Probably did allot of other things wrong as well but not a big deal. I find it kind of sucks being stuck with an irregular army, but all the ones I find interesting are (crusaders, vikings ect..).

Duncan's legendary non-pike army:
Seems to prefer the smaller elite armies, it was ancient British vs some kind of French I think.

Ben and Jeff:

No clue what they were playing.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

Re: DBMM Day July 7

Postby WuZhuiQiu » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Aren't irregulars cheaper, though?

Close re. the second game - it was between Ancient British and Hundred Years War English (admittedly with some French stands to make up the required numbers).

I think that the third game may have been between Tang Chinese and something like Late Roman.

Writing of DBMM, do you know whether double-basing is also done in FoG(R)? I'd like to keep my rule options open, so may single-base for non-DBMM rules, and use steel bases to join "doubled" bases for DBMM. Thanks.
WuZhuiQiu

Re: DBMM Day July 7

Postby Mike_a » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:52 am

They are a bit cheaper but not allot sometimes, I think Cav(o) is only 1 point less or something, but you save a decent amount on the generals like 10 points or something I forget. I don't really think it's worth it thou as the pip tax you have to pay makes a huge difference, plus regular generals get a free pip, plus they can allocate the highest / lowest pip dice, I guess it does depend on the troop type if it's better or not.

FoG-R doesn't do any double basing that I remember, but it also doesn't care how deep your bases are, so if you have some stuff double based it's not an issue really. Or you can just have your double bases in DBMM as 2 separate bases and remember that they are doubles and tell that to your opponent. That is what I do with the double based samurai stuff.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

Return to Historical