Battle of Vitoria bicentennial - 21 June 2013

Battle of Vitoria bicentennial - 21 June 2013

Postby nicholasswales » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks to everyone who participated in he game; we had a good turn out, and the game went well. The result was a British victory, but then the odds were somewhat in their favour. Nevertheless, the British reached half their breakpoint, which was bigger than the French breakpoint, first, so it clearly wasn't a hopeless case. But then superior numbers and troop quality began to tell.

I took a few photos, but they're not terribly good, because I'm not a great photographer, and my Blackberry is not the greatest camera! But here are the somewhat printable ones anyway:

Starting out, British and Portuguese on the left under the overall command of Jeff, French on the right under the overall command of Tod:

The British cavalry advances on their right, under the command of Chris, supported by Portuguese infantry under Patrick; up against French dragoons and infantry under Mike.

Serge, commanding the French centre-left, advances to block Duncan's advance; while Duncan deploys a grand battery to support Chris's cavalry attack. Further up the picture, Brian's British and Portuguese advance in the centre against Vince.

The British heavy dragoons prepare to charge!

Nick
Last edited by nicholasswales on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nicholasswales

Re: Battle of Vitoria bicentennial - 21 June 2013

Postby TodCreasey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Excellent game Nick - thanks again for running it especially given the effort required to bring all of those collections together.

My master plan of conscripts shooting up the British advance was somewhat of a mess - I shall rethink that for Leipzig.

Tod
TodCreasey

Return to Historical