Bridge at Al Muff -- Cangames 2012

Bridge at Al Muff -- Cangames 2012

Postby Duncan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 am

I ran the Bridge at Al Muff scenario http://ambushalleygames.com/images/pdfs ... l-muff.pdf at Cangames this year.

The game played very differently from the last time I ran it. viewt ... ?f=7&t=142

I started the game with the first HMMWV stuck at the container (which is a change I made to the original scenario since I was afraid there was a chance the US player would just sail past the obstacle and there wouldn't be much of a game)

The US players were much luckier in this run through of the game (or at least had average luck, I think they were very unlucky in the previous game). They took almost no casualties throughout the game and were quickly eliminating the Iraqi threat. By the time half the HMMWVs were across the bridge I had ruled that the Iraqis would automatically get a reinforcement each turn as well are rolling against the insurgency number.

The only US casualties happened just as the HMMWVs were nearing the exit point. Fire from a large group of Iraqis caused 2 casualties (one on the driver) but it turned out to be only one serious wound.

On the last turn, the US players drew the "Heavy Metal Tour" card, if it had appeared earlier I would just have ruled that nothing happened but since they were going to win handily I thought it would add a sense of completion to the game so the M1 Abrams appeared at the end of the road.

One of the players pointed out after the game that I was allowing the Irregulars to return fire more than once per turn (with a -1 die each time) which is not allowed in the rules as written. I am going to try playing "properly" next time but I think I like it better my way.

The figures are a mix of Rebel, QRF and Peter Pig. The HMMWVs are Peter Pig and the M1 is QRF. The buildings are a mix of Battlefront and Najewitz Modellbau
Duncan

Return to Historical