Cangames 2012

Cangames 2012

Postby Mike_a » Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 am

I thought I would put up a few pictures I took of the game I ran, and the game I helped Tod run at Cangames.

The boarding action game I ran went quite well I think, I did it as 2 separate games with the RNIR and Royal Marines boarding the Tigress in open boats, and then a second game with the survivors boarding the Scorpion from the Tigress. The first game was extremely close and the Americans very nearly managed to win, they were able to fire a cannon load of grape shot into 1 of the boats killing everyone that was still in it, by they lost out in the end. In between we rolled for the casualties and 3 of the wounded Brits were out for good.

The second was much less close, the Americans lost handily. Not sure why the went so different. Perhaps I should have had a few less miniatures on the British side, or even better the Royal Marines should not have been marines at all perhaps. It turns out that they were the former crew of a ship called the Nancy and not Marines at all, but I had already ordered the Marine miniatures based on a Wikipedia article I believe so I just went with it.

The LoTR rules seemed to work quite well in 15mm and I would like to try something like this again.

The Saga game was a much larger game, and also went very well I think. Everyone seemed to have fun, the scots lost most of their warlords and didn't secure many of the objectives so they lost, but there were lots of casualties on all sides.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

Re: Cangames 2012

Postby PatG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 am

It was a great game! Thanks for putting it on.
PatG

Return to Historical