Force on Force -- Ambush Alley game

Force on Force -- Ambush Alley game

Postby Duncan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 am

I posted a brief AAR of this and some pictures on the Ambush Alley games forum http://ambushalleygames.com/forum/viewt ... =33&t=9475
Duncan

Re: Force on Force -- Ambush Alley game

Postby Duncan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:41 am

Just to save anyone who is interested the bother of clicking the link, I will post it here as well:

In my last game at the OMG I ran a modified version of the Ambush Alley scenario from the Road to Baghdad book.

I used the forces from the printed scenario with a modifed reinforcement table for the insurgents (to allow a small chance of vehicles) and added a wrecked AAV and scattered US wounded troops (to sort of match the situation described in the book Ambush Alley as it was prior to the A-10 friendly fire incident). The US mission was to gather up the wounded and the insurgents were to prevent this and (if possible) capture the table edge which represented the bridge. We also used the optional "ambient fire" rule and modified the rules to the A-10 attack so that if the TC was made the A-10 would attack an Iraqi vehicle if one was present or would attack a US vehicle off table to the North which would cause the US forces to take a morale check if the vehicle was destroyed.

The ambient fire rule really put pressure on the US player to get things done quickly but did wear them down quite a bit. The A-10 destroyed one Iraqi technical and an off-board AAV but never attacked the US forces on the table (if it had it would have been quite decisive).

It was a fun game but I don't think it is a mission I am likely to try playing again.
Duncan

Return to Historical