What did Santa...

What did Santa...

Postby stanislov72 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:02 pm

Hey All,

As we approach the new year, I thought I'd see what new/current historical periods that our collective Santa's/better halves/kids have gotten us into. So in that vein here goes:

1. my Santa (lovely wife) bought me the Warhammer historical WW1 book which has gotten me into researching product lines and exactly how many minis I'm looking at;
2. my wife also got me a blister of Battlefront defrocked priests...so perhaps LW Canucks is the direction I'll be heading in this year.

So, how about it...what new inspirations have we received this season.

Cheers,
Stan
stanislov72

Re: What did Santa...

Postby WuZhuiQiu » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi, Stan. What scale are you thinking of using with Great War? Fandom II sold out of both lots that they had, but I do plan to buy a copy eventually.

By the way, this is a very good place to discuss Great War online:

http://wabforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=58

Cheers & Happy New Year!

Peter
WuZhuiQiu

Postby stanislov72 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the link, the site address in the book for the forums wasn't working. The book looks very interesting, the rules seem pretty decent. At the moment, my only question is which lines of minis to eventually use, it looks like they use 28mm in the book. I'll bring it out next time.

Take it easy. Happy New Year.
Stan
stanislov72

Postby WuZhuiQiu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:03 am

You're very welcome, Stan. Here is what may be the link that you were looking for - I got it from the Warhammer Historical website:

http://www.warhammer-historical.com/gre ... nt=default

Yes, they used 28mm, although I expect that 1/72nd or even 15mm could work, too.

I think that some OMG members may still have 28mm WW I figures that made their most recent appearance in Tod's Back of Beyond campaign, so that may be the scale to go with, after all.

Cheers,

Peter
WuZhuiQiu

Postby TodCreasey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:42 pm

stanislov72 wrote:Hey All,

As we approach the new year, I thought I'd see what new/current historical periods that our collective Santa's/better halves/kids have gotten us into. So in that vein here goes:

1) A Baccus 6mm Hun army for some 6mm ancients I am planning

2) Some 28mm 1812 Americans for some 1812 skirmish
TodCreasey

Postby TodCreasey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:44 pm

WuZhuiQiu wrote:http://www.warhammer-historical.com/gre ... nt=default

Yes, they used 28mm, although I expect that 1/72nd or even 15mm could work, too.

I think that some OMG members may still have 28mm WW I figures that made their most recent appearance in Tod's Back of Beyond campaign, so that may be the scale to go with, after all.
Peter

Nick has some Germans and Peter Embleton at least has British in 28mm. I collected Bolsheviks and have a couple of platoons worth.

BTW Too Fat Lardies are also working in a WWI skirmish ruleset.

Tod
TodCreasey

Postby Jakar Nilson » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 pm

TodCreasey wrote:
WuZhuiQiu wrote:http://www.warhammer-historical.com/gre ... nt=default

Peter

Nick has some Germans and Peter Embleton at least has British in 28mm. I collected Bolsheviks and have a couple of platoons worth.

BTW Too Fat Lardies are also working in a WWI skirmish ruleset.

Tod

And there's also my "bloody" rules set, The Breaking of Nations, if I ever get to revamping the morale rules...
Jakar Nilson

Return to General Discussion