D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Talk about upcoming games, campaigns, houserules, new releases, etc.

Re: D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:21 pm

These were the outcomes of the Second Turn of the Campaign. I would like to thank everyone that brought terrain and played. We had 12 players in all.

Battle #1 (D-1) Battle was played in Bocage, Jeff for Axis vs Serge for Allied
This was a very close battle. Jeff managed to destroy two Sherman platoons and an AT platoon. He destroyed the anti-tank platoon with his reserve platoon of StuG IV. The warrior Whittmann was devastating and took out 5 tanks all by himself. I managed to bail him out once. In the end one Allied infantry platoon managed to take an objective by turn 7. Allied minor victory (4-3). The German Firestorm troop was destroyed. This means it goes into the reinforcement pool. They only get captured if they can not retreat. The Allied Firestorm troop survived. See page 10 of Caen PDF.

Battle #2, (A-4) Battle was played in Plains, Stephan and Stan for Axis, Mike and Francis for Allied
Allied Minor Victory 4-3. All Firestorm troops survived.

Battle #3, (B-4)
Battle was played in Bocage, Brian and Ted for Axis and John and Patrick (For a while) for the Allies.

Axis Stunning Victory 6-1. We did not roll for destruction of Firestorm troop, since no rolls were required for the German Firestorm troop and even if the Allied got destroyed it was already on the Beach.

Battle #4, (C-6)
Battle was played in Plain, Bernard for Axis and Duncan (Bad) for Allied
Axis Stunning Victory 6-1, Both Allied Firestorm troops were destroyed and the Axis Firestorm troop survived.

Serge
Last edited by SergeC on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SergeC

Postby SergeC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:21 pm

This is the map
Caen template Turn two battle results.jpg
Caen template Turn two battle results.jpg (170.5 KiB) Viewed 912 times
SergeC

Postby SergeC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:48 pm

End of turn 2 after all reinforcements and strategic deployments. To summarise the activities. Allied deploy troops on three beaches. They can not have more then 3 firestorm troops on beach at the end of reinforcement. Then Germans can place any German from reinforcements to any where controlled by Germans that are in supply (i.e. can trace a supply line). Next the Germans move any unit up to three zones through German controlled areas. After this the Allies move any unit 3 zones through Allied controlled areas.
I played the Allied General and Bernard the Axis General. This is the outcome of the moves.
Caen Turn two after placement of reinforcements and strategic redeployments.jpg
Caen Turn two after placement of reinforcements and strategic redeployments.jpg (240.03 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Last edited by SergeC on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SergeC

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

The next stage is the set-up for turn 3. Mike rolled for the amount of battles. He rolled a six, so we will play eight battles. Next both Generals rolled for the initiative of the eight battles. I rolled for the Allies and Bernard for the Axis. The Allies must be doing some real good planning because they won all the initiatives. Sorry Bernard. So the Allies will be doing 8 attacks. More to follow.
SergeC

D-Day Campaign (Caen) Turn 3 battles

Postby SergeC » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:57 pm

These are the turn three battles
Caen Turn Three attacks (f).jpg
Caen Turn Three attacks (f).jpg (254 KiB) Viewed 835 times

Battle 1 is an Allied attack, D-1 to D-3, Allied Firestrom: 11 Amd Div and 33 Amd Brigade, Axis Firestorm: SS 102 and one German Defence troop.
Battle 2 is an Allied attack, D-1 to D-2, Allied Firestrom: 8 Amd Brigade and Air Support, Axis Firestorm: One German Defence troop.
Battle 3 is an Allied attack, B-1 to C-1, Allied Firestrom: 50 Inf Div and 15 Inf Div, Axis Firestorm: 2 Div and one German Defence troop.
Battle 4 is an Allied attack, A-2 to B-2, Allied Firestrom: 3 Can Inf Div, Axis Firestorm: 9 SS and one German Defence troop.
Battle 5 is an Allied attack, A-3 to B-3, Allied Firestrom: 51 Div and Air Support, Axis Firestorm: Two of the following; 2 SS, Lehr, and/or 10 SS.
Battle 6 is an Allied attack, A-4 to B-4, Allied Firestrom: 6 Para Inf Div and 8 AGRA, Axis Firestorm: Two of the following; 12 SS, 21 Beute Stug, and/or SS 101.
Battle 7 is an Allied attack, B-5 to C-6, Allied Firestrom: 4 Amd Brigade and 4 AGRA, Axis Firestorm: 1 SS and III FLAK Corps.
Battle 8 is an Allied attack, B-5 to B-6, Allied Firestrom: 7 Amd Div and Air Support, Axis Firestorm: One German Defence troop.

Let Mike and Bernard know where you want to play. There will probably be 6 battles that are played and two that are rolled by the generals. If there are not enough players battle 2 and 8 will be rolled. Again this depends who will show up.
Last edited by SergeC on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SergeC

Re: D-Day Campaign (Caen) Turn 3 battles

Postby WuZhuiQiu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 pm

SergeC wrote:These are the turn three battles

Battle 1 is an Allied attack, D-1 to D-3, Allied Firestrom: 11 Amd Div and 33 Amd Brigade, Axis Firestorm: SS 102 and one German Defence troop.

Let Mike and Bernard know where you want to play. There will probably be 6 battles that are played and two that are rolled by the generals. If there are not enough players battle 2 and 8 will be rolled. Again this depends who will show up.

Presumably, this battle will involve a river crossing of some kind, correct?
WuZhuiQiu

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:00 am

On page 5 of the Caen PDF, it has a para on Rivers as area borders. If an area is attacked over a river then a river should run through no-man's land. This river should have at least one crossing for evert 16 to 24 inches.

So an attack from D-1 to D-3 you use this rule. It is the only battle in turn 3 to use this rule.
SergeC

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:05 am

These are the match-ups for turn 3 of the Campaign

Battle 1 is an Allied attack, D-1 to D-3, Allied player is Serge, Axis player is Vince. Terrain provided by Serge
Battle 2 is an Allied attack, D-1 to D-2, The Generals will roll for this game.
Battle 3 is an Allied attack, B-1 to C-1, Allied Player is Mike, Axis player is Jeff. Terrain provided by Mike
Battle 4 is an Allied attack, A-2 to B-2, Allied John, Axis player is Stephan. Terrain provided by Serge
Battle 5 is an Allied attack, A-3 to B-3, Allied player is Stan, Axis player is Tod. Terrain provided by Tod
Battle 6 is an Allied attack, A-4 to B-4, Allied player is Duncan, Axis player is Brian. Terrain provided by Brian
Battle 7 is an Allied attack, B-5 to C-6, Allied player is Francis, Axis player is Bernard. Can someone provide terrain
Battle 8 is an Allied attack, B-5 to B-6, Allied player is unknown, Axis player is Gabby. Can someone provide terrain.

John please confirm you are coming. I think you said yes.

Gabby for flexibility would you mind to make a German and Allied list? I could provide the British.

I have assumed that Tod, Mike and Brain can provide terrain. Please confirm
I need two more terrain tables.
Also if any one wants to start FOW and wants to play with Gabby, I can provide British miniatures.
Brain do not forget my 25 pdr guns that were on loan last game.

The German Defence troop rolls are:
Battle 1 a roll of 2
Battle 2 no longer relevant
Battle 3 a roll of 4
Battle 4 roll of 6
Battle 8 roll of 4
Battles 5, 6, and 7 do not get any German Defence troop as you already have 2 Firestorm troops.

Do not forget that your base army is 1000 points and must be from Atlantik wall or Overloard. Also no Air support is allowed unless you get it as a Firestorm troop.

The missions will be rolled prior to the game. Let me know if you have any questions. It would be appreciated that players that need to set up terrain arrive early.

Thanks again and lets have fun.
SergeC

Postby WuZhuiQiu » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:37 pm

So, would the terrain be as follows?

Battle 1: Open, but across a river (Serge);
Battle 2: N/A;
Battle 3: Bocage (Mike);
Battle 4: Bocage (Serge);
Battle 5: Bocage (Tod);
Battle 6: Bocage (Brian);
Battle 7: Open (t.b.d.); and