D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Talk about upcoming games, campaigns, houserules, new releases, etc.

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm

I have started planning for the Caen Campaign. The Firestorm campaign is based on the PDF file from Flames of War.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Do ... m-Caen.pdf

The tentative teams are

Germans: Bernard (General), Vincent, Tod, Jeff, Patrick, and Robert
Allies: Mike (General), Serge, Stan, Brian, Duncan A, and Peter

Beginners are welcomed and anyone can join in for all or part of the campaign.

The first turn we will be fighting three beach landings and one airborne assault in area B-5. The map can be found at

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/al ... Map-A3.jpg

For the lists, I would like to use the Overlord book for the Brits and the Atlantik wall for the Germans. I have the books and I am willing to lend or make a PDF of a specific list. You can also use EasyArmy application to build your army.

The beach battles are a specific list. The ideal forces should be a Festungskopanie (Normandy) and a Assault Company (Brit, Canadian, or US). The Ariborne Assault has to be a parachute, air landing or glider company.

The rest of the battles are up to the choice of the players, but using the Overlord and Atlantik wall books. Over course the ideal is to have fun, so we need to be flexible.
SergeC

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:36 pm

I have started building beach tables. I have one almost complete. I would like to know if other people are planning on building Beach tables?

Beach table side view.JPG
Beach table side view.JPG (252.66 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

Beach table side view2.JPG
Beach table side view2.JPG (191.25 KiB) Viewed 1220 times

Beach table view from Ocean.JPG
Beach table view from Ocean.JPG (232.38 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
SergeC

Re: D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby TodCreasey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 am

Looking great Serge - you really should run something at Cangames for this.
TodCreasey

Postby Duncan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 am

That looks really good.

I have started on a beach board but don't expect to get much done on it until Christmastime.
Duncan

Postby Mike_a » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 am

That does look really great, nice job. Looking forward to the campaign.

I am planning to collect a beach assault force (US) for this, have the stuff just need get around to painting it.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Great to hear. So Duncan is working on a beach table. Mike are you buying the beach mat?

This is the web link for the beach landing mat: http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx ... uctID=5385

The hit the beach mission can be found at the following link: http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Do ... saults.pdf

But instead of 25% extra forces we would use what is written in the Caen Campaign PDF. They give you a choice of forces to use for every 1000 points.

This is an other point I did not mention. The forces we will be playing with will be base force 1000 points. For the first turn you get this plus one addition as mentioned above. For the other turns it will be 1000 points plus firestrom troops (If they are used)

The airborne assault will use the seize and hold mission at the following link: http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Do ... e&Hold.pdf

Two players will be playing this mission and 6 players will play the amphibious assault. Players to be identified latter.

Serge
SergeC

Postby Mike_a » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:15 am

Yes that is the plan, if someone has something better we don't have to use it.

The rest sounds good as well.

Thanks;
Mike
Mike_a

Postby stanislov72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Table looks great Serge. If you need another beach mat for the campaign let me know, I have been contemplating buying one...I have 6 x landing craft if we need. I just need to paint up some infantry and my Canucks will be complete.

Cheers,
Stan
stanislov72

D-Day Campaign (Caen)

Postby SergeC » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:35 am

We need three beach landing tables/mats, so if you can buy one then that would be great. We will need all the landing crafts available, as each landing platoon gets one. So far I have built two out of particle boards. I imagine that we will need between 9 to 12 landing crafts.

I am now building bunkers, nests, barb wire, etc.

Serge
SergeC

Postby Duncan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:12 am

I have 7 landing craft and 3 DUKWs.

I have a bunch of fortifications -- bunkers, nests, tobruks, trenches etc.. I will post a complete list when I have dug them out of their boxes.
Duncan

Next

Return to Flames of War